What is your New Years Resolution?
As we settle into January I'm keen to make my resolution. One New Year's Resolution that I can keep. I would love to say I'll drink less red wine, or eat less chocolate, but the reality is I won't. I can't possibly bother trying to loose any weight because that won't happen either. I guess it will be the Blog itself. I think I'll resolve to make two posts a week on this blog.
Don't hold your breath though. Now that I live here I'm amazed at how much of my time flies by every day because I've bumped into a neighbour, or I've found something interesting to do.... Like walk around asking my neighbours what their New Years Resolution is!
These are five random answers...
1. I resolve to join the Hammock committee here at the ecovillage. I will see to it that Hammocks get hung and sat in all over the entire site. I personally will sit in more hammocks this year.
2. I don't have a New Year's Resolution. I don't like feeling like a failure- so I find it easier not to resolve things. Instead I take it day by day and go with the flow.
3. I resolve to spend more time making connections with people. The problem with the village is it is easy to feel like you have enough going on here to be bothered with the rest of Chilliwack. I like the greater community of Yarrow. There are great people here and I'd like to spend more time getting to know them.
4. I have the same resolutions every year. They involve becoming a better person, practising being the person I want to be. Sometimes it feels easy, sometimes it can be tough- but I resolve to continue to work at it.
5. I'm going to try and spend more time reading to my kids. We all enjoy it so much when we just sit for hours reading but with their interest in screen and all the outdoor play they do it isn't an activity we get enough time for.
There you have it folks. One post down, one to go.... I'm just glad none else at the ecovillage plans on giving up chocolate!